Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Joys of Opposition

I had to change the format to be able to accomodate the cat pictures but I don't really like it. Unfortunately, it's the only one I've seen so far that doesn't have some sort of sidebar. Maybe I can shrink the pictures. Don't be surprised if the format and things keep changing for a while until I find one I like. But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

Oh Beautiful, Wonderful, Glorious Day!!! What a Joy it is to be alive on such an occasion!!! There is nothing more Life Affirming and Peaceful!!! Such Power, such Simplicity!!! How Rejuvinating and Calming!!! What a visual and auditory Delight!!!

It's Raining.

Calm, gentle, ephemeral, and fleeting. Not lasting long enough, but Joyous to behold!

I live in the Desert, you see. Water is life. The sun is harsh and dessicating. Rain is the shade and the release of a stress that you didn't know you had because you're so used to the oppressive (albeit, life-sustaining in it's own right) sun. To those if you who might be reading this from Seattle or some other high rain area, you may not appreciate my excitement about rain. However, I feel it might be safe to say that my feelings about rain are the same ones that you feel about the sun!! To you, sun is a rare and fleeting occasion and you would enjoy it as much as I do the rain! Unless you hate the sun at all times. In that case you would also be like me in the fact that most people where I live would curse rainy days because they love the sun at all times. I, however, go against the grain and bless rainy days, despite the fact that no one here knows how to drive when the roads get wet. Wear your seatbelts.

The rain has stopped and the sun is coming out as I shout, "BOOO!!". My twist to the childrens chant of "Rain, rain, go away; come again another day!" is "Sun, sun, go away; don't come back another day!". There is another blessing of the union of sun and rain....

















RAINBOWS!!!


Have a Glorious Day!

1 comment:

wannadance4real said...

I know!!! I was so happy to see the rain today!! I hadn't heard the forecast so I wasn't expecting the surprise! So, please join me in a splash of a big puddle!!!

MMMM... the smell of rain!!! May those who desire sun have their chance!

Followers