Sunday, December 14, 2008

Self-Sacrifice

So much for regular posting... oh well.

I've been thinking alot about the meaning of self-sacrifice lately. I used to think that it meant giving up something you wanted for the betterment of yourself or family. Then I started thinking about the "self" part of self-sacrifice. So now I'm wondering, does it mean giving up who you are in order to stay in your situation? Truly sacrificing your self? If thats so, then how do you do that without imploding or becoming a "woe is me!" martyr? I don't know. I don't know how to be who I am and still be happy with my life.


funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

1 comment:

wannadance4real said...

Hmm... this could coincide with my about-to-be-posted blog.

The only thing that we really own in this life is our self. The only true sacrifice we can make to God is giving our will to his and in turn, he makes our life better for it.

We are all beggars. God is the owner. Nothing is ours in this life as far as property value. We only have our will and spirit. That is the only thing we can sacrifice by saying, "God, not my will, but thine be done. What would you have me do today?"

So, get in line sistah! lol Tis a booger to learn but this is what I'm trying to do in 2009! Come see my blog when I am done.

Followers